Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Our Friend LA Pet Tech


Today we started thrice-weekly visits from our friend Kathleen who runs the business LA Pet Tech. Kathleen has a background as a vet tech, so her dog walking/pet sitting service is ideally situated to specialize in caring for dogs with medical needs. She's coming to our home to assist me in doing Claire's physical therapy.

Claire is so wiggly to begin with, and sensitive in certain areas since becoming hurt. Add to this the fact that I've trained her to a certain routine of tricks. And I never pay her off with treats unless she's still, either sitting or more commonly in a "down" position. So getting her to do certain exercises, especially the standing ones, by myself has proved impossible. I know it's just a matter of patience and approaching the exercises as new training, but it's not been easy and I want Claire to get the benefits of p.t. right away. So I'm resorting to paying for home visits: add that to the list of costs due to IVDD.

Kathleen has a calming presence for both Claire and myself, and I learned a few lessons from her today that will make it easier to do the p.t. on other days when she is not involved. She's just the help I've needed! I'd like to recommend her publicly to anyone in the San Fernando Valley, whether your dog has special needs or just requires love. Contact her via Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care