Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Busy Day on the Claire Front


Friday morning I started by taking the money donated by my co-workers to the bank, and establishing a savings account linked to my own specifically for Claire's surgery.

I also called around to several therapists/vets that I'd been recommended to by my own vets and by some other dog owners in my neighborhood, and spent some time on yelp reading reviews there as well.


I picked up dog food (still have to eat, despite it all) and poured my story out to our friendly pet store owner. She sent me home with a flyer for Nuts for Mutts and suggested placing a collection jar at the register, so that got me thinking about a design for those.


At home, I poured through photos, made a collage large enough to use on a poster, and ordered several printed as 4x6s to use on jars. I sent them online to be printed at a local photo shop, and picked them up late in the evening, along with a tri-fold posterboard and some blank mailing label stickers. I used the stickers to make an explanatory blurb about Claire that could be pasted to jars. Throughout this post are the pictures I used for the posters and jars.


I was still doing constant networking over the phone, and research on the internet. Friday evening I completed a Care Credit application online and was approved for a low cost loan. But as a freelancer, I hate to use credit when I have no assurance of paying it back in a timely fashion. And while Care Credit is a great deal if paid on time, like most credit cards, the interest rate balloons if even one payment is late.

On the down side, we got a voicemail late in the afternoon from the Sam Simon Foundation. Unfortunately, I missed the call, but the staffer left a kind and lengthy message explaining that they couldn't help because Claire's surgery was too involved to be done in a mobile clinic, since she'd need to stay overnight at the vets for several days following. The caller said her dog had had the same surgery, so I look forward to connecting with her soon just to hear her story. She stressed that Claire's crate rest in the meanwhile should be absolute, with no picking her up, steps, or jumping at all. She put fear into me and made me take crate rest much more seriously. I took the denial hard, mostly because it had seemed such a great fit with my entertainment background. But the fundraising goes on, and Claire and I won't give up....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care