Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grant Sources, Pet Stores, and Homeopathic Meds

(Claire with her ornament mini-me, Christmas 2010)

Started the day early Wednesday morning at the LA Breakfast Club meeting in Los Feliz. Since Claire is a therapy dog serving the community, I thought I might have a chance at a grant from the Rotary-like organization. They reaffirmed that I'd have a good shot, but unfortunately, they don't fund individuals. So I'd have to find a nonprofit or rescue group under whose guise I can complete the application. I left with a copy of the application to complete at home, then spent a couple hours after I got home extending feelers to rescue groups, to no avail. Since I left a lot of messages I'm hoping one will get back to me soon.

This was Claire's first day on homeopathic meds. I was worried about the Dismuzyme pill because it is so big--too big to be dropped down Claire's throat--and she has food allergies making hiding the pill difficult. But she gulped it right down along with her regular food, no problem. The Traumeel, on the other hand, did not go over well. It's to be sprayed by dropper onto her gums and absorbed through her mucous membranes three times a day, but Claire does Not like anything sprayed at her. I'll keep trying to get her used to it.

I was just leaving the house when I got a phone call from Annie over at Pet Haven. I'd placed a donation jar just the day before, and she was calling to let me know that her first customer of the day had dropped in $10! It was the encouragement I needed to give me confidence to approach the next business.

Jennifer at C&C Pet Food on 3820 W. Verdugo Ave in Burbank is our newest sponsoring business! She placed a donation jar at the register for me in the afternoon. Please shop at all our sponsors--they are Claire's guardian angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care