Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nuts for Mutts


Nuts for Mutts is an annual fundraising walk and pet expo benefitting the Rotary Club of Calabasas. I can't believe I'd never before attended! There were tons of people and dogs, but it was roomy enough to not box any dog in, so everyone was well-behaved. I left both pups home--Claire on crate rest and Chance to keep her company--and took a can for Claire along with a poster, then stood outside the event collecting for several hours, adding $50 to Claire's fund. After the walk had run its course, I toured the expo, asking for leads from veteran rescuers, and soliciting raffle donations. Look for some fun giveaways to come on the blog!

In the afternoon I settled into a Starbucks for wireless and set up Claire's and Facebook page. I tried to figure out ChipIn the night before, but I needed an email for Claire in order to get a Paypal in order to set up the ChipIn. It took some thought to figure out how best to configure it all. I had Claire's donation jar with me at Starbucks, and a kind gentleman stopped at the uncanny similarity between our dogs. After hearing our story, he donated $100, bringing the day's total to $150! By the time I left, our internet campaign had begun on ChipIn....I spent most of Sunday evening posting Claire's facebook page to other dog rescue sites and fanpages, and inviting everyone I knew. I put Claire to sleep anticipating a better day come morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care