Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

CARE Evaluation Questions

I made a list of questions to ask the vet when Claire is evaluated at CARE for possible physical therapy. I posted these on facebook to see if anyone had anything to add, but didn't receive any responses. The Dodgerslist site has several vet question lists which I also reviewed but none that specifically address rehab. In completely random order, here they are:

What is your case load per month treating IVDD and what is your success rate/complications rate?
Do you recommend acupuncture, chiropractic or other alternative treatments?
What do you think of laser therapy with a Class IV laser?
Do you recommend the use of supplements? Which ones? How much?
When do you recommend that the dog starts physical therapy and what kind?
What exercises will you do in-clinic?
What exercises can you teach me to do with Claire at home? How often and how long should she do these exercises?
What will be the signs that Claire has overdone therapy? What should I do if I see her acting this way?
What about wearing the brace?
Can you tell me the specific vertebra that has herniated? Which are the two that the neuro thought were bulging?
Can Chance be with Claire in the same crate?
Can Claire have a bath? How should I dry her?
What's the best way to clip her nails?
What about non-anesthetic teeth cleaning?
Do you know what LDA is? Do you recommend that for Claire?
Can I split her therapy program into two parts, before and after the Laser Disc Ablation?
How do you limit jumping?
How best to teach Claire to only use the ramp to get up/down from couch?
Do you recommend harness over a collar?
What are your concerns about Claire's gait?
What are your concerns about Claire's squat?
Claire is not stretching her back legs as far as she used to. How can I encourage that?
Should we bring a life vest for any water therapy? Do we need to bring treats with us?
Do I need to elevate her food dishes? Talk about the way she eats like she's starving.
Can I pick her up as much as I want?

Can I pay in installments?
I'm low income. Do you have any assistance programs?
What do I need to do to set up donations coming in via phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care