Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Onyx & Breezy Foundation Denial Letter


If you care to read the denial letter, click on the image to enlarge it to a readable size. I'm posting it to demonstrate that I am doing everything possible to obtain care for Claire. I fully expect this to be a team effort from many sources, and am not expecting major funding from any one source. I know that times are rough for many, but I'm disappointed that the foundation couldn't give even a token amount to keep me encouraged with my fundraising efforts. We fit their ideal grant recipient mold perfectly, so I'm deflated by the letter I received in Thursday's mail.

From my conversations with the program administrator, I feel the Onyx & Breezy Foundation denied us because we are eligible for Care Credit. But as a freelancer, I have no assurance I'll be able to pay back a Care Credit loan in a timely fashion, and missing even one payment triggers a 30% interest rate. Knowing this, I can't in good conscience utilize this form of financing.

If you have any other foundations or grant sources I should be contacting, please leave a comment here on the blog or reach out to me directly by email at "etrets(at)gmail(dot)com"

If you're able to help out directly, bless you. Even re-posting and spreading the word about Claire is a huge help. The ChipIn can be found on the blog at: http://sponsorclaire.blogspot.​com/
on Facebook, find Claire at:
www.facebook.com/sponsorclaire

To sponsor by check: send me an email at etrets(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll respond back with our mailing address.

1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about traveling outside of your state here in NC the same surgery is around $2500-$3500 at the vet school. I would look into some of the vet schools and talk to Linda from Dodgers list and see if they can recommend anyone else lots of dogs on there from all over. I couldn't pay $6000 even if I wanted to. If she has deep pain sensation then the chances of recovery without surgery are the same... if she has no deep pain and it's been this long the chances of successful surgery are slim.

    ReplyDelete

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care