Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

After the Holiday

(my little Illini, Jan. 2010)

Busy day today! For me, at least, if not for Claire....I contacted Dr Gorgi again regarding direct donations. They've spoken to the hospital manager, who will seek the approval of the Regional Manager when they meet this coming Friday. Such a long process, but I just need to keep following up.

Tried again throughout the day to get the Paypal verification done--still waiting for the small deposits to be placed into my account that I can then report to Paypal to be verified. The holiday may have slowed it down this time. If I don't see anything tomorrow, I can again contact Paypal.

I also placed wanted listings on Freecycle.org for a pet stroller so I can continue to take Claire on our walks, and for empty jars/cans that I can make into banks to be placed at local businesses.

I contacted The Brittany Foundation over the weekend. Spoke with their head person today, and they will sponsor our grant application to the LA Breakfast Club!

Disappointingly, Claire and I received an email denial letter from The Mosby Foundation. We were turned down due to a lack of resources within the foundation.

I visited the local pet store I went to on Friday, when the manager wasn't in. Spoke to her personally today, and she will consider whether or not to allow me to place a donation jar for Claire near their register. I have to check back with her later in the week.

And, I finished off my 2010 taxes, so I can apply to other foundations in earnest starting tomorrow. I know this week will be the most intense in terms of fundraising for Claire. I'm trying hard not to pin all my hopes on this effort, but I think it's our best shot.

The weather is waning--it was only 90 degrees today! I'm sure it felt like more in the apartment, but I'm still providing pedialyte along with water, running the ceiling fan in the bedroom, and watering the yard a bit to keep things moist. I'd like to limit my hours away even further so I can leave both the doors open for ventilation, but certain things need to be done right now. And, truthfully, we've weathered even hotter days here in the past, though with Claire on bedrest, I'm unable to steal the dogs away into air conditioning elsewhere. One summer I frequented a Barnes and Noble cafe with the dogs in their "L.A." carrier, which looked like a trendy purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care