Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Laser Therapy Visit


After discussing finances with the holistic vet, Dr. Grey, it was suggested that Claire try out laser therapy, which sends healing energy on a cellular level. That costs about half what the acupuncture comes to because it can be administered by a vet tech rather than by the vet herself. We're giving it a shot, and can always switch back to acupuncture (or do both) if we think this is not helping Claire.


Because this is our first visit, we were given an exam room and I was allowed to observe. In future, Claire may be seen in the back without me, while I stay in the waiting area. The procedure takes only a few minutes. Claire was very interested in noises in the hallway and entryway while we were waiting in a room. She eventually calmed enough to lay down, but had her ears back when the tech came in.


I was excited to show this procedure as I'd never heard of it before. But I ended up trying to keep Claire still and controlling her leash during the procedure, so I only got a few pics of the device before it was used. The humans in the room wore special glasses, but there weren't any for dogs. It was my job to keep Claire's face away from the laser. The laser is measured in joules. They targeted three areas for $55. They of course focused on the TL junction, the mid-spinal area where Claire's disc herniation is, but they also did a little laser treatment on her neck as well. I think it will be more valuable in the specific region of her injury, but I'm letting the vet's experience guide me in the beginning to see how it goes.

(the machine)

(the display)

(the laser head itself)

The BIG news: I FINally was able to put through verification of the PayPal account to get the ChipIn to read accurately. Now will have to redouble efforts via social networking to spread the word. The ChipIn is open and working on the blog at SponsorClaire.blogspot.com.

I also contacted The Onyx & Breezy Foundation to confirm receipt of the application I'd faxed in overnight, then emailed a copy of my taxes to complete the package.

(who can resist this sad, sick doggie's face?)

I had posted a request for a pet stroller on my local, North Hollywood Freecycle. Since it's been several days with no response, today I posted the same request on the wider Los Angeles Freecycle. It would be really handy, so please keep your fingers crossed for us!

In the mailbox was the DVD I ordered from Dodgerslist! It's all about IVDD, Intervertebral Disc Disease. I popped it in my computer and watched it in the bedroom with the pups while I ate my dinner.

(well, at least she hasn't lost her appetite....)

(and by contrast, Claire's brother Chance
can't sleep without being covered up,
even in 90 degree heat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care