Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Second Treatment & a Second Opinion


Claire had her second Laser Therapy Treatment today. I'm still reserving judgement until she's had a few of them. The vet clinic had an emergency so we were waiting a bit before they took her back, and Claire was highly entertained. The check-in counter height is just the right level to contain her, so we just hung out there and people watched. She visited with at least ten clients and staff. I can tell the crate rest is boring her now, but there's not much we can do about it. Since she broke a tooth on a Nylabone, I can't even offer her chew toys.

On the Claire News front today, Dr. Gorgi's hospital will not set up an account receivable to accept donations for Claire. They gave no reason, other than when they sent it up the chain to the Hospital Regional Manager, saying that there were implications in taking credit cards over the phone. Most foundations like to award grants directly to the vets as well, rather than to an individual, and I doubt they'll be cooperative there either. So they've pretty much ruled out my treating her there.

I did more research on IVDD and when surgery is warranted by reading here. I looked into UC Davis today as I've heard great things about them. Turns out they have a San Diego branch, so I reached out to them, but they don't handle neurology. Davis is 8 or 9 hours from my home, so I haven't decided to take her there yet--I'm just continuing crate rest and conservative treatment for now and will evaluate once that is over, but I'm keeping Davis in the back of my head for a second opinion if or when surgery turns out to be necessary.

I'm going to check out a business I've noticed near my home that manufactures foam. Seems to me this would be a cheaper solution than the wood ramps I've seen on the market. Does anyone have experience with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care