Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fundraising Never Stops!


The first thing on the agenda this morning was to pick up another LA Breakfast Club Foundation application now that I have a nonprofit to back me. Thanks again to The Brittany Foundation! I filled out the app but want to add a photo and a copy of the surgeon's estimate, so it may be next week before that's turned in.

At a BBQ this weekend I offered to dispose of the recycling from the party if my friend would allow me to donate the proceeds to Claire's fund. My car now smells like old, hot beer, but Claire has $15 more towards her surgery!

I initiated the process of grant application with The Pet Fund via phone call as per their rules. I also completed the UAN application online, and submitted an application to Actors and Others for Animals via online form.

My neighbor kindly let me fax off the grant application to the Onyx & Breezy Foundation from her house. It was late in the afternoon, so I'll have to follow up with them in the morning.

I called the Zoom Room Hollywood location, but I haven't managed to hit it when the franchise owner was in. That's still on the follow-up list for now.

I figured out how to add a banner for Big Dog t-shirt company to the blog, so you can now shop to benefit Claire by clicking through from SponsorClaire.blogspot.com! Of course, these are people products, but I'm betting Claire would buddy right up to the Big Dog if she met him, so go right ahead and do so yourself! Please visit the blog and check out the sidebar for some more Claire-friendly shopping.

Chance got his monthly non-anesthetic teeth cleaning this afternoon at Pet Haven in Burbank, but for now I've had to discontinue that for Claire--she's so wiggly I'm afraid there would be further damage to her back. I'm still concerned about dental buildup, especially since Claire has had the root canal in the past. If you have an IVDD pup, how do you groom them, especially nail trimming? Please leave a comment with your suggestions!

I had a union meeting in the evening, and it was once again far too hot to be active in the daytime, so the dogs haven't seen much of me today. I think I'll go for some cuddles before crashing. Gardening to do tomorrow~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care