Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Sunday Afternoon

(Claire sleeping with Teddy in our old apartment, Jan. 2007)

Today I started researching ramps for the bed and couch. I've had doggy steps on the couch for quite a while, but Claire prefers to jump up and down anyway, so we'll have some training to do. Apparently even small steps can be hard on the spine, so we'll have to switch to ramps--and I don't have a live-in carpenter. But a friend referred me to the site Discount Ramps, so I did some browsing there. I also applied for their affiliate program, so hopefully once that clicks in, we can be the first Shoppers for Claire!

I scanned Dr. Gorgi's inital estimate for the surgery. I will post that separately as I know I'll be sending that link out quite a bit.

Most of the afternoon I spent cleaning out the ivy that grows in the corner of my backyard, and Claire barely wondered what I was up to--another sign that all is not well. I started her on Gabapentin today because I've noticed her gnawing at spots on her side and rear. Not sure if they're summer fleas (though she's on a flea preventative) or if they're phantom tingling nerves. Gabapentin treats that type of nerve pain specifically, so I thought we'd give it a shot. If that's the case, it's a positive--tingling nerves mean regeneration and are a stage of healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care