Buy Claire Products to Support her Vetting


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Angels to the Rescue

(Claire & I, Sept 2007)

I keep trolling my archives for pictures of Claire as she's not too exciting right now--lying in her crate looks the same from day to day! But we've had many adventures together, so Claire will keep entertaining you.

I was tipped off by a Facebook supporter that the collection jar at C&C Pet Store was pretty full and hard to stuff into. So today I stopped by to clean it out. Between the jar at C&C Pets and the one at Pet Haven I was able to add another $49.02 to Claire's account!

After an hour in the Cingular Wireless store, I changed my cel phone plan to unlimited minutes to allow for all the time I've spent calling vets and foundations since Claire was diagnosed. I knew I'd been talking a lot but didn't realize I was five hundred minutes over my current plan's limit for the month!

A friend helped me to convert some of Claire's MRI films into jpeg files that I can read. I had never seen an MRI, and I'm sure others haven't either, so I'll look forward to uploading and sharing them all once we're done.

I was referred by another friend to Penny Adams, the head of Foundation for the Care of Indigent Animals, known as FCIA, that operates in the San Diego area. She gave me a verbal commitment of $100 towards Claire's medical care. She wants to pay directly to a vet when Claire has surgery, or to a rehab clinic if surgery proves unnecessary after conservative treatment. I'll have to follow up with her again towards the end of August once Claire's off crate rest. Penny can be reached at 619-466-0426 between the hours of 8P-9P only.

I start a new job tomorrow so also had to make plans for Claire for the next few days. Keeping her on crate rest is a huge commitment given my work schedule. It's a major reason this diagnosis has been so scary to me. I don't want to have to give up a beloved member of my family just because I can't accommodate the level of care she needs. It's made even more difficult by the fact that I am single, so don't have several family members to share the responsibility. So far I have been blessed by great, understanding friends willing to help out.

I will try to stay consistent with posting on the blog, but my schedule may preclude that over the next couple of weeks. Please continue to check in and support Claire!


(Chance and I today, Jul. 12, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products Featuring Claire's Brother, Chance ~ Proceeds Benefit Claire's Surgery Fund


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Zazzle Featuring the Squirrels in Our Yard


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store featuring Quilts


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring Needlepoint


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Cool Stuff from Our Zazzle Store Featuring the Chalk Festival


Create a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Claire's Mom Sells Vintage Pyrex and Craft Items on Etsy Too ~~ Help Sponsor Claire's Vet Care